Rather, I would say: what to eat when you are hungry? And this is something that I don’t like the expression “snack between meals” at all. We tell us: “You are itchy because you are hungry, and you should not, […]
Rather, I would say: what to eat when you are hungry? And this is something that I don’t like the expression “snack between meals” at all. We tell us: “You are itchy because you are hungry, and you should not, of course … you cannot reschedule your next scheduled meal …” The first is that you should not feel guilty or as if we are doing something that we shouldn’t.
Well no, we are not machines that we should eat every day at the same time, yes or yes. Every day we are different, sometimes hours and hours can pass and we do not remember to eat, so why should I eat if I am not hungry? And others, however, we will have to do up to two small meals before our next main one. And is it wrong to do it? No, not at all, on the contrary, the connection with your body will teach you in the future to distinguish between real hunger and emotional hunger (eat for food).
The key to making small meals out of staples is the HOW TO CHOOSE REAL FOOD and what to take with you as a snack between meals. Because the purpose of “grabbing something” before dinner is to relieve hunger, not something that makes you eat more and more. And this is exactly what happens when we choose ultra-processed foods that increase the desire to eat, and they do not satisfy our real hunger.
What are we striving for, WHAT CAN WE EAT? Here are some suggestions for healthy snacks:
- Based on the premise that there MUST BE HEALTHY FOOD, CHOOSE FOOD CONTAINING FROM 100 AND 200 CALORIES. This is more than enough to fill us and feel full.
- One fruit + a handful of nuts or yogurt with nuts. – An excellent filling combination (fiber, fruit sugars, healthy fats, more fiber).
- Shake Whey Protein or Vegan Source Protein. – That you can cook it with water, milk or vegetable drink. This is a quick and very enjoyable option. Even add a slice of fruit or a tablespoon of peanut butter delicious!
- oat crepe. – Easy to make and they take hours out of your fridge. From 20 – 30 g oatmeal plus 3 egg whites and 1 yolk. (You can add chia or flax seeds for extra omega 3.
- For a lifetime: whole wheat bread with serrano and tomatoes or white cheese and tomatoes. You accompany him with coffee alone or infusion, that’s all.
- One of the ones I use the most: low-fat cheese, whipped + 5-10 halves + 1 square of dark chocolate, chopped and mixed in a bowl. For a snack I love it, it is nutritious and above all, it satisfies and you won’t want to snack on anything else.
Quick and Easy Options
Thousands of healthy and tasty combinations are circulating around the web for snacks between meals, but many are arguably very complex. If you love to cook and have time, great! But this time I came up with the most practical with the quick and easy options, because when you want to grab something you are desperate and have neither the time, the money, nor the desire to start cooking.
Another tip? Always have on hand, well in your office, in your work bag, in your car … options of this type for a rush, such as:
- Fruit: like tangerine, banana or apple.
- Rice or corn pancakes.
- Dark chocolate and chopped portions.
- Nuts are already measured in individual doses (30 to 40 g).
- Shaker with a dose of protein powder (just add water and that’s it).
- One good nutritional bar.